TFT Panel Design Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Apple is looking for a world-class Thin Film Transistor (TFT) panel design engineer to design, develop and launch the next TFT technologies for the portable, laptop and desktop displays in Apple products. The TFT panel design team is responsible for delivering the advanced TFT panel designs and technologies to enable the world’s best display performance in Apple Products. Individual will serve as a focal point in architecting and developing the total TFT pixel and panel designs. This includes TFT device modeling, simulation, integrated circuit-on-glass design, panel architecture, and whole panel function simulation.
- Hands-on experience, in-depth technical knowledge, and proven track record in the design and development for displays or related electronics.
- Understanding the basic TFT and panel process is a must
- Understanding display touch
- Ability to perform computer modeling and simulation with SPICE
- Experience in measuring and characterizing IV and CV of TFT devices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Experience in developing, designing and manufacturing high volume display products is a plus
- Experience in characterizing panel optical and electrical performance is a plus
- Experience in gate and column driver IC designs is a plus
TFT panel architecture scoping and definition TFT device design, modeling, simulation and characteristics measurement Pixel and panel design, layout and parasitic parameter extraction TFT Pixel and panel modeling, characterization, and validation On-glass integrated circuit design, simulation and validation Failure mode analysis, root cause investigation, and problem solving New TFT technologies exploration, investigation, and validation International business travel to support project implementation Engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including TFT process, Display Optics, Touch EE, Display EE, and Mechanical Engineering, Display touch Collaborate with external vendors for display manufacturing
Education & Experience
PhD or MS in Electrical Engineering