Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, innovative ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Crypto Services Team here at Apple is seeking an Application Engineer to join its new and growing Application Engineering Team. If you are a keen problem solver who loves to work on a broad spectrum of challenges then this could be the role for you! In this role, you will seek out new integrations, help external teams architect and design some of the new services and improve existing ones. You will often find yourself trailblazing new technology and services in Apple to define how users can make the most of Crypto Services using them.
- Strong object orientated design and development in Java. Applications architecture, design, development and support
- Knowledge of applied security concepts (authentication, authorization, OWASP top 10 Risks)
- Experience in building, orchestrating, and deploying highly scalable REST based stateless APIs/web services
- Demonstrated experience architecting, developing and debugging large-scale multithreaded applications
- A self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities
- Excellent analytical skills, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
Apple is known for its innovation and when something gets in the way of that then the Application Engineering Team is there to remove those roadblocks. You will need to listen to and translate inner team requirements into high-level technical specifications, design, and often develop recommended solutions. Solutions can range from as simple as helping a team find the correct documentation to working with the team to design and architect large, complex solutions that could span systems across Apple. All while making Apple more secure and work more effectively. You will not be part of just a single development team within Crypto Services but you will need to be able to develop and contribute code changes and features to any of the services or products offered by Crypto Services. To do this you will need to align your change with that product's Software Engineering team’s requirements and exceptions. Being able to quickly pick up and develop on multiple codebases is a must to be successful in the role. With your exposure to such a wide array of external teams using Crypto Services products, you will be in a unique position to help guide the direction of Crypto Services. You will need to actively collect data, metrics and other supporting sources to present to management in Crypto Services to help plan and Roadmap, helping craft the future of the team. You will also need to develop and build tooling, integrations, and applications to unblock internal teams and achieve new product integrations for Crypto Services. As part of this, you will need to work closely with teams to evangelize offerings from Crypto Services and seek out new partnerships. This can be in the form of 1:1 meetings to presenting at some of the larger company wide conferences within Apple.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or similar plus 7-10 years of experience, or MS degree plus 5-7 years, or equivalent.
- Has some experience with deploying and managing applications on Kubernetes
- Has some experience with Go Lang applications architecture, design, development and support
- Has some experience with AWS cloud and deploying applications to cloud infrastructure
- Has some experience of managing or contributing to large open source projects
- Understanding of how a PKI system works
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We at Apple we are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.