Cellular System Test Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? This role is at the center of a silicon design group responsible for crafting and productizing state of the art cellular SoCs! As a cellular modem system test engineer, you will be responsible for the bringup and validation of end-to-end cellular systems. Join us, and help us innovate new wireless systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations! By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries and improve the product experience for our customers across the world.
- Experience in bringup of cellular systems focusing on the physical layer and RF.
- Strong technical background in 5G-NR/LTE/UMTS (3G/2G) physical layer and protocols.
- Knowledge on RF performance metrics such as EVM, spectral mask, frequency error, power accuracy, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of multiple 4G/5G signaling and physical layer test equipment (Keysight/Anritsu/R&S) along with their automation interfaces is a plus.
- Good understanding of communication theory and signal processing, AGC, beamforming, Tx power control, mitigation of radio impairments, calibration algorithms.
- Hands on experience in bring up of real silicon in lab, ability to efficiently use lab equipment (such as spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter, etc).
- Good experience with Matlab, Python, and/ C/C++ and efficient analysis and automation scripting.
- Knowledge and understanding of 3GPP specs is desirable.
- Experience with silicon prototyping, emulation systems, and virtual platforms a plus.
Work on the bringup of the cellular end-to-end system including characterization and optimization of RF and system performance in the lab with an emphasis on 4G and 5G. Collaborate with multi-functional teams to validate the data and control flows from the Baseband to RF in terms of the various KPIs. Conduct pre-silicon emulation based bringup and validation of the cellular system. And simulation based validation of the control flows and algorithms.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. with 5+ Years of Experience.