Power Delivery Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what could be accomplished. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! This EPM within Apple's HW Technology organization, will be responsible for development of battery & power supply / demand management solutions for a wide range of Apple products. The EPM will understand the who, what and how of power management development, orchestrate a hardware/software development plan and schedule, then optimally lead execution of that plan. In order to do so, you will need to think like an architect and systems engineer. The successful candidate will have a consistent record of enabling larger multi-functional teams to deliver sophisticated systems efficiently, with ability to link between various teams’ requirements and execution, demonstrating an understanding of engineering concepts and integration across a range of hardware systems, modules, and software.
- 10+ years of validated experience (preferable Consumer Electronics, Architecture, Battery & Power management) taking technologies from concept definition to mass production. Experience with low power phones/wearable devices desirable
- 5+ years of technical project management experience in EE, Hardware systems engineering / Architecture, and / or Software
- Technical Degree in EE required, experience in embedded SW is an advantage
- Knowledge of System Power demand vs Supply (Power management, Battery performance, Module performance / controls / telemetry) preferred.
- Experience in developing models with large data sets and test tools a plus.
- Understand and facilitate system policy decisions
- Demonstrated adeptness in working in a dynamic, multi-functional environment.
- Excellent communication, social and leadership skills as well as the ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Experienced in setting up project plans, anticipate potential roadblocks and mitigate against risks or impacts.
- Ability to comprehend, communicate and handle sophisticated design trade-offs.
- Understands and deal well with rapid development cycles; remain flexible and calm facing ambiguity. Highly adept in multi-tasking of both short-term and long-term activities.
The Power Delivery EPM leads teams of architecture, battery, electrical, and software engineers, utilizing a strong technical background to identify, assess and communicate project risks and issues. You will also facilitate effective communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. In addition, you will drive day-to-day program work to meet program objectives. • Demonstrate system architecture, systems engineering and multi-functional leadership ability • Develop project plans, lead, track and report progress to plan and drive solutions to address any/all identified gaps. • Prioritize project initiatives and risks, drive engineering discussions and decisions on critical system parameters. • Interface and provide direction for system-level and module-level hardware and software teams. • Identify and engage partners for project definition decisions. • Communicate status and big picture to the project team & executive management.
Education & Experience
BS in Electrical Engineering Required; MSEE preferred