Manager, Hardware Art Direction, Marcom Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the detailed development and execution of extraordinary communications! The Design Team is responsible for the design and art direction of core communication including product launches and seasonal campaigns—across Retail, Channel, Packaging, Keynote, and Events. We work in a highly collaborative manner and a primary focus of our team is to define the look and feel of all Apple product imagery through experimentation, critical thinking, and extraordinary attention to detail. How can we continue to sit on the cutting edge of design innovation and creativity? We are hiring exceptional individuals who help make this happen. The Manager Hardware Art-Direction is an integral leader of the team with the responsibility of leading the final execution of compelling hardware imagery that meets the requirements outlined in Apple’s creative briefs as well as the high standards of accuracy established with the Industrial Design Team across all Marcom assets. You also mentor and guide career growth, and manage a team of hardworking art directors. In this role, you are instrumental in creating and directing work that provides a beautiful and accurate representation of the product to potential customers for one of the most beloved brands!
- You have at least 10-12+ years of relevant design direction experience with a minimum of 3 years experience in a management role.
- We need someone with expert ability to direct a team in developing innovative and creative work across a broad range of media.
- You are well-versed in hardware lighting, both CG and photography, and can direct as it pertains to print, digital, and motion. You have excellent design and conceptual skills accompanied by the ability to guide and evaluate, and if necessary, redirect creative development.
- You are naturally curious and passionate about art-direction — with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies, resources, and trends. We desire a motivated and driven Art Director that can naturally guide a team to tackle complex problems with simple solutions.
- An in depth knowledge of the creative development process, including effectively and efficiently staffing projects, providing timely and helpful feedback to improve creative solutions, and producing work on schedule. Being able to lead projects, other teams, vendors, freelancers, and photographers is key.
- Good organization skills that will guide more efficient collaboration.
- Excellent skills with design software, primarily the Adobe Creative Suite and 3D lighting programs such as Maya / C4D.
As the Manager of HW Art Direction, you will drive and influence results — brainstorming, coordinating, and collaborating frequently to elevate the execution of Apple’s product imagery. You can empower your team to create strategically compelling work and can plan and direct all aspects of assigned projects — including resourcing and scheduling. You can communicate both up and down a creative organization in order to build trust and support. Guides the team towards excellent design in accordance with project constraints and parameters. You're responsible for persuasive creative presentations to executive staff members. Helps the team work towards the bigger picture goals, while still keeping a close eye on all of the important details. Uses experience and intuition to help the team navigate ambiguity and can debate and prioritize input from different functional groups and executives. Reacts quickly to information, opinions, and direction to strategically pivot when needed and can provide guidance to the creative staff, with an eye on mentorship, career and team growth.
Education & Experience
We require a BA or BFA degree.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.