Display Silicon Digital Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Apple Display Engineering Team is looking for an experienced, creative, and self driven engineer to be part of the team working on the next generation of display technologies, prototyping, and validation. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet. To be successful, you should thrive in a multifaceted, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values engineering perfection, creativity, and innovation.
- Extensive experience defining architecture of digital ICs
- Hands on experience with design (HDL), and verification. (Preferably Verilog)
- Familiarity with all aspects of IC life cycle from architecture to mass production
- Familiarity with latest IC architecture practices and tools
- Experience with high level hardware modeling
- Experience developing top level chip specs
- Experience with silicon bring-up and debug
- Experience in scripting languages such as python
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience presenting technical issues to engineering management
Work with cross functional teams to translate product and display requirements into component level specs. Define an architecture optimized to deliver the required level of performance and features considering cost and power. Write specifications that can be used by implementation teams for design. Lead architectural investigation using prototype platforms, modeling and simulation, and analysis. Provide support to teams using custom silicon in a range of applications including advice on capabilities, root cause analysis of issues, and configuration for specific application. Lead and deliver presentations on silicon architecture and resolution of architectural or application issues. Review design implementation, simulation results, compliance to specifications leading to successful chip tape out. Participate and help to define plans for chip bring and validation. Review validation plans and results include ATE and bench characterization. Support operations in product functional and reliability testing, and in display calibration.
Education & Experience
MSEE with 7+ years of experience in silicon architecture and design