AR/VR Graphics Software Engineer
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Software and Services
The Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for a Software Development Engineer to help us push the limits of the next generation of interactive experiences on our platform. This team is working with some of Apple’s most advanced technologies including augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) offered in ARKit and Metal 2. As a member of our creative organization, you will have the uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every single day.
- Programming skills and knowledge of C / C++
- 3D math for graphics/games (linear algebra)
- Communication and collaboration skills
Apple makes innovative technologies accessible for the creation of amazing user experiences. You will have the opportunity to work in a team developing system level frameworks enabling these experiences, in close collaboration with other innovative teams across Apple and TDG. The candidate for this role will be comfortable working in a dynamic and creative environment with an ambition to improve, innovate and explore these technologies to enable creators to surprise and delight our users. Engineers are expected to work quickly and smartly to help determine the viability of ideas and technologies. On top of key qualifications, strong candidate would be able to demonstrate keen understanding of 3D graphics, GPUs and comfort writing performant lower level code.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. This AR/VR Graphics Software Engineer starts at a minimum annual salary of $105,600. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace