Embedded Real Time Critical Control Firmware Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive with pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of an outstanding modem team, you’ll craft leading-edge embedded firmware that deliver more performance in our products than ever before. You’ll work across fields to transform improved hardware elements into a single, coordinated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new wireless systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what wireless systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. Do you want to have an impact on every single Apple product? As an Embedded Firmware Engineer passionate about real time critical control on this team, you will be at the center of the embedded 5G/4G/multimode cellular firmware effort within a silicon design group responsible for crafting and productizing state-of-the-art cellular SoCs. This position requires someone comfortable will all aspects of embedded firm development, that excels in a multi-functional organization, is not afraid to debate ideas openly, and is flexible enough to pivot on constantly evolving requirements.
- Experience with design and implementation of bare metal control firmware which is highly optimized for cycles and memory.
- Knowledge of the difference between design for a software platform and a highly constrained firmware environment.
- Understanding of the use of data structures for deterministic and efficient reads and writes.
- Understanding of design for asymmetric multiprocessing solutions.
- Fundamental facility with C and C++, compilers, build and source code control tools.
- Proven understanding of computer architecture with particular emphasis on the HW/SW interfaces of high-speed communication subsystems.
- Experience with silicon prototyping, emulation systems, and virtual platforms.
- Proficiency debugging embedded software systems. Familiarity with UARTs,JTAG, and oscilloscopes.
- Some mainstream OS application level development and Python or Perl scripting experience.
- Understanding of 5G and 4G 3GPP protocols a plus.
- Some familiarity with wireless communications a plus.
• Design and Implement algorithms using minimal memory and cycles with rigid real time deadlines. • Implement algorithms such as power gating, tracking loops, spec based physical layer procedures. • Build validation framework for validation of implemented algorithms. • Assist in the development of pre-silicon emulation systems/virtual platforms and use them for pre-silicon FW design and HW verification. • Evaluate and implement groundbreaking tools for build, formal verification and test.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science is required.