RFIC Design Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing cellular wireless design team? Do you thrive on pushing the simulation and modeling limits of highly complex RF cellular transceivers SOC in advanced technology nodes? Our team is responsible for all aspects of cellular silicon development for cellular transceivers, with a particular emphasis on highly integrated and efficient designs and technologies that transform the user experience at the product level! This highly visible role puts you at the center of a silicon design group with a critical impact on getting functional products to hundreds of millions of customers quickly!
- Direct experience designing and bringing into mass production highly integrated cellular RF transceivers in deep sub-micron RF CMOS technology.
- System specification and ability to work with system architects to translate system requirements into circuit requirements at the IC level.
- Familiarity with various RF transceiver architectures and their trade-offs; capability to collaborate with digital design group for an optimum partition between digital and analog domain.
- Deep understanding of RF CMOS implementation fundamentals, and basic building blocks, including LNAs, mixers, VCOs and DCOs, PLLs, LO, and PAs.
- RF device modeling experience, including device noise parameters and inductor modeling. Insights into packaging effects, supply isolations, high-frequency ESD structures, and circuit layout for optimum RF performance.
- Very good knowledge of one or more of the following tools: Cadence/Virtuoso, Spectre, AMS, GoldenGate, AFS, ADS, EMX, Peakview, HFSS, Layout parasitic extraction tools, SimVision, Pathfinder, RelExpert.
As an RF IC design engineer, you will be responsible for providing RF solutions for cellular transceiver chips. Responsibilities include: - Work with platform architects, system and digital design groups to define the requirements for RF and baseband blocks based on the system requirement. - Work with the technology team on process selection for the target device. - Drive the transistor-level feasibility studies of RF/mixed-signal circuit blocks and architectures. - Design various component blocks inside the RF transceiver including LNA, upconverters/downconverters, baseband filters, VGAs, LO/PLL circuits, Driver amplifiers/power amplifiers, linear RF switches, attenuators, low noise regulators, amplifiers, biasing circuits. - Provide guidance on RF analog issues across Apple.
Education & Experience
BSEE is required. MSEE/PhD is preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.