GPU Driver Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s GPU Software team provides the graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. Our responsibilities encompass the OS-level frameworks, GPU drivers, developer tools for GPU and Display devices across Apple’s hardware.
- Knowledge of GPUs and GPU architectures.
- Good knowledge of OS internals and system programming, device drivers, and memory management.
- Strong programming skills and knowledge of C/C++.
- Solid system and cross-component debugging skills.
- Drive to engage and work with internal and external teams to seek meaningful problems.
The Mac driver team is looking for a software engineer to work on developing GPU graphics and compute technologies. The responsibilities span the full GPU software stack. The main focus is on graphics driver development (user mode, kernel mode and firmware development) for GPUs shipping in Apple products. The position has many opportunities to contribute towards developer facing Metal API feature spec, shader compilers and tools to support GPU graphics workflows. You should be interested in debugging sophisticated user mode and kernel mode problems, and have a passion working with prototype hardware before the world sees the final product.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree or Equivalent Experience
- Nice to have:
- - Interest in computer graphics, knowledge of graphics APIs.
- - Experience with graphics driver development.
- - GPU and system performance analysis experience.
- - Experience with programming multithreaded systems.