Environment, Policy & Social Initiatives Reporting Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products, they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity, passion, and dedication of those people that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do—from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Apple’s Environment, Policy & Social Initiatives team is seeking a Reporting Specialist with expertise in environmental, social, and governance (ESG) efforts. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and analytically minded, have exceptional written communication skills, and experience in corporate sustainability reporting. This position reports to the head of Reporting for Environment, Policy & Social Initiatives and will work closely with a diverse set of Apple teams located across the world. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to translate technical information into a compelling narrative
- 5+ years of professional experience, with strong preference for background in sustainability or corporate social responsibility
- Experience with sustainability reporting, including with reporting frameworks like GRI, SASB, etc
- Familiarity with the ESG ecosystem of ratings and rankings, and how they’re applied by key partners, including investors, press, and NGOs
- Exceptional project management experience, attention to detail, and an ability to manage work with competing priorities and different timescales
- Shown to thrive in a face-paced environment, able to deliver within established deadlines.
- Proven ability to coordinate work products with input from teams across company, juggling different perspectives and priorities.
- Have a passion for environmental and social issues and a belief that business can be a positive force for good
Apple’s Environment, Policy and Social Initiatives team is seeking an experienced Reporting Specialist to lead the development and management of environmental and social reports. You will: Write and produce reports about Apple environmental and social initiatives, with an eye toward both storytelling and following reporting frameworks Collect, organize, and distill key messages across a variety of environmental, social and governance topics Coordinate with multiple teams across Apple Manage external consultants, including designers and copywriters Develop deep understanding of Apple’s environmental, social and governance initiatives Improve Apple’s standing with ESG ratings and rankings The role requires a self-motivated individual who wants to further disclosure, openness and accountability at one of the world’s largest companies.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in environmental science, sustainability, economics/ business, journalism or other writing-focused degree. Advanced degree preferred.