AppleCare Procedures Content Author/Editor
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The AppleCare Procedures team has an opening for a procedures author. The successful candidate will work closely with content strategists and designers to create and edit procedural content for AppleCare contact center Advisors. Documentation projects will vary from simple to complex.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and diplomatically in oral and written forms
- Ability to plan, develop, prioritize, write, and edit operational and technical procedures
- Excellent writing and editing skills; ability to ensure accurate and consistent tone, clarity, structure, and mechanics of content
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Experience working with one or more Apple style guides
- Experience optimizing written content for localization/translation
- Ability to ensure that content meets Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0)
- Ability to use creative thinking and knowledge of industry standard methodologies to recommend strategies for improving content efficiency
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Proven track record to work independently and with a team
- Able to maintain confidentiality regarding business projects
- Able to host and attend meetings within operational hours for a global partner population
- Experience with HTML and CSS is a plus
- Understanding of readability measurement methods is preferred
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager or other content management system is preferred
- Current or previous contact center experience is preferred
- Experience with Apple products and services is preferred
As an AppleCare Procedures content author, you will join hardworking team members who collaborate with content strategists, designers, and subject matter authorities to build and improve AppleCare procedural documentation. Maintain efficiency while never losing focus of the goals of the content and the organization. Collaborate with different teams and individuals to apply consistent standards and elevate content quality. You must make decisions within short timeframes and with limited information, so good judgment and attention to detail is required for success.
Education & Experience
MA/MS degree in a related field (or equivalent) plus at least 4 years relevant work experience 2+ years in a role as a writer/editor is preferred.