RF Cellular Transceiver SoC Validation Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing cellular wireless design team? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of integration for highly complex RF cellular SOCs in advanced technology nodes? Our team is responsible for all aspects of cellular transceivers silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly integrated and efficient designs and technologies that transform the user experience at the product level. We invite you to join us if you are looking for a challenging Validation Engineering position to work on RF cellular transceiver SoCs! You will work with cellular RFIC circuit designers and system integration engineers to validate major RF cellular system blocks via focused block-level tests and also transceiver level testing for coexistence within the radio and with other radios.
- Proven verification skills in problem-solving, constrained random testing, and debugging.
- Extensive experience with bringing up and testing RF cellular SoC, performing system integration, characterization and optimization.
- Experience in end-to-end RF measurements, as well as building block characterization like LNAs, down-converters, up-converters, BBFs, Driver amplifiers, power amplifiers, PLLs, VCOs, high-performance ADCs, and DACs.
- The ability to collaborate with different teams (IC Design, RF Systems, Firmware, and HW board teams) within Apple.
- Good understanding of board schematics, experience with HW Silicon validation boards schematic reviews, and coming up with HW board requirements for doing SOC validation.
- Experience with digital interfaces SMB/SPMI/QSPI/SPI/UART/I2C/JTAG.
- Bench Automation experience and proficiency with measurement automation tools and scripting languages, such as Python, Matlab, C++ scripts.
- Experience with lab equipment such as RF spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, Vector analyzers, RF signal generators, phase noise analyzers, oscilloscopes, DMM’s, etc.
- Experience with MAC or PHY Verification would be useful.
- Please be ready to work with ATE engineers and on mass production integrated circuits.
As an RF transceiver SOC validation engineer, you will engage in the key task of designing, developing, and testing that cellular SoCs implement designs to their specifications. This work includes reading and understanding design specifications and schematics and using highly specialized test platforms to validate proper operations of the RF SOC. Tasks will include working with scripting languages, including Python and Tcl, in conjunction with embedded FW to confirm functionality and evaluating the performance of RF Cellular SoCs.
Education & Experience
BS in CS/EE is required. MS is preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.