Software Engineer in Test (SDET), Paper & Pencil
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Input Experience Test Engineering team is looking for a driven and dedicated software engineer. In this role, you will have the unique and phenomenal opportunity to write automation for several highly-visible features spanning the iOS Notes drawing experience, Scribble, Screenshots, Markup, and beyond.
- Experience writing code in Objective C or Swift to test an API, SDK, or Frameworks
- Experience writing and triaging automated software tests (e.g., unit-tests, regression tests, functional tests, stress tests)
- Experience in developing test plans, assessing risk, filing appropriate bugs, and consolidating bug reports
- Experience in driving development and deployment of relevant testing tools and infrastructure
- Experience with XCTest and Xcode
- Detail oriented, analytical, and creative problem solver with passion for quality processes
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action
- Keen eye for detail
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will work in a multi-functional team which is responsible for projects such as Scribble on iOS that allows handwriting in various fields across the system. Another example is different gestures with the pencil to allow for text insertion and deletion. You will work closely with software engineers, project managers and other Apple quality teams. You will ensure that Apple delivers the next generation of its operating systems with the highest quality by providing continuous integration testing. You will write automation to ensure that our features are of the highest quality to delight our customers.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience