Cellular Power Control Systems Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. We’re looking for a smart, multifaceted engineer who loves to test their skills against new and diverse challenges. We have a role that will push you to do your best, to be your most creative, and to invent new technology that affects billions of users. This is your opportunity to become part of the outstandingc team responsible for the hardware and controls architecture of all Apple platforms.
- In-depth expertise of cellular infrastructure and cellular handset architectures.
- Hands-on testing experience using cellular callbox as well as live network environments.
- Hands-on experience developing & debugging on new prototype hardware.
- Embedded programming proficiency (Python, MATLAB, real-time OS, C) and basic understanding of control systems are a bonus.
- Highly professional, collaborative, with good interpersonal skills and innate curiosity.
- We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
You will architect, develop and test sophisticated 5G cellular power control algorithms on Apple’s mobile platforms. You will craft and tune real-time state-of-the-art power control to meet device power constraints. You will work closely with system and software teams to systematically characterize and analyze power/performance trade-offs. The successful applicant has in-depth expertise of cellular infrastructure, cellular handset architecture as well as strong software development skills. Hands-on experience in analysis and debug of cellular scenarios is crucial. An understanding of control systems and embedded software development is a plus.
Education & Experience
MS with proven ability or PhD with 5+ years in Electrical/Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Develop cellular control system algorithms for battery-powered devices.
- Collect performance /power data from real-world workloads and use data driven analysis to quantify and explain observed multi-functional trade-offs between system design, power consumption and user experience to an outstandingly sophisticated multi-disciplinary team of engineers.
- Propose, develop and evaluate power control algorithms based on gained insights, and deploy algorithms to product development teams.
- Share data, methods and results with hardware, software and test teams.