Interactive Technology Demo Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. If you're a self-motivated teammate, who thrives in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment, passionate about building phenomenal products and learning new technologies, this is the job for you! The Interactive Technology organization is responsible for engineering and deploying macOS, iOS, tvOS, and watchOS product demos across all Apple Retail Stores worldwide. We are looking for an energetic and innovative individual to join our Demo Engineering team.
- Experience with iOS, watchOS, macOS and tvOS operating systems
- Strong understanding of Unix-based systems and their command line tools
- Minimum 2 years experience in using scripting languages like Python or other object-oriented languages like Swift
- Extremely detail oriented individual
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to interact with cross-functional business partners
- Comfortable working with content in foreign languages
- Flexibility in performing reoccurring manual tasks when needed
- Experience managing and deploying software and hardware of large scale and complexity via MDM a plus
As a Demo Engineer, you will join a team of engineers who are responsible for our macOS, iOS, tvOS and watchOS based demonstration devices in over 500 stores worldwide. The Interactive Technology Demo Engineering team is responsible for building, managing, testing, and deploying all customer-facing technology product demos in Apple Retail. We are looking for a motivated engineer, with an excellent ability to prioritize tasks and meet content deployment goals. This person should have a high attention to detail, and a strong understanding of customer experience. As a Demo Engineer your focus will be on demo content production and deployment. The team you’ll be a part of is responsible for deploying content across a variety of Apple devices in Apple Retail Stores across 25 different countries. You will be responsible for helping design the demo content production strategies that will meet both short and long term business objectives and tuning these strategies to ensure deployments are effective throughout the year. You will also be developing technical documentation, including training and FAQs that will be distributed within the team to expand and transfer knowledge across and outside the team.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in having maintained equipment in large labs, a strong plus