Sr. SuSE Systems Engineer - SRE
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Do you like the idea of running global applications that are used by millions of passionate people around the world? Our Infrastructure System Engineering SAP team is looking for a seasoned SuSE Linux Systems Engineer/SRE to help redesign one of the largest SAP deployments in the world! We are seeking an energetic and motivated engineer with deep knowledge of SuSE, SAP HANA, and HPE Superdome Flex hardware. As a member of our fast-paced group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to be an early contributor to this redesign of the SAP environment within IS&T at Apple. A successful candidate enjoys designing and implementing new technologies, virtualization, and perform HANA System usage and system performance analysis. Additionally, we look for someone passionate about using technology to automate infrastructure and optimize outcomes, implementing continuous integration and deployment in a dynamic, challenging, fast paced environment. The strongest candidates will have SuSE HA and DR experience on both HPE and IBM Hardware with some knowledge of AIX and Software Development skills. Our customers count on us to provide exceptional availability, scalability and performance. This is your opportunity to do something extraordinary. Are you up to the challenge?
- We are looking for extensive experience in a Systems Engineering/DevOps role in a large scale environment required
- A strong knowledge of enterprise-grade hardware platforms and internals
- 10+ years supporting hosted services in a high-volume customer-facing environment
- 4+ years experience with SuSE on HPE Superdome Flex and SAP HANA
- Experience with Linux based server virtualization and strong debugging skills
- Solid understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, the OSI Model, networking and load balancing. Fluent in at least one scripting language such as BASH
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Passionate, inquisitive, and solves everyday problems in innovative ways
We’re looking for someone with great ownership and a strong practical focus to provide leadership in implementing a secure, robust and highly available SAP environment. The secondary focus will be developing interfaces into the central automation pipeline as well as between the pipeline of other IS&T entities. This role will work closely with our system engineers throughout the hardware lifecycle to successfully deliver best-in-class secure and large scalable systems. We implement push button deployment at scale with zero downtime. You're excited to help redesign SAP environments from networking solutions, virtualization, scalability, storage solutions, and hardware opportunities. You take ownership and demonstrate creativity, initiative, and the ability to work to deadlines. You feel a personal stake in the product you deliver and thrive when challenged. You keep your eye on the ball, build strong relationships; and are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team.
Education & Experience
BS Degree CS/EEE preferred, or equivalent field with 7+ years or MS degree with 5+ years experience, or equivalent.
- - An experienced understanding of Puppet, Salt and other common related technologies such as Git and Artifactory, and testing methods
- - Demonstrated ability to write programs using a high-level programming language like Ruby or Python