Silicon Engineering Documentation Tools Publishing Software Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple products! Apple’s Silicon Engineering Group is looking for a high-energy, highly motivated Software Engineer to support a variety of key internal projects by improving and streamlining the design and development process.
- Experience with many of the following skills:
- Experience with XML and related technologies.
- Domain modeling and schema design (W3C schemas, RNG).
- Prior experience with XSLT 2.0/3.0, XPath 2.0/3.1, and XSL-FO 1.1.
- Understanding XProc a plus.
- Familiar with content management approaches and concepts.
- Familiar with version control systems (Perforce, Git).
- Experience developing functional and performance test frameworks on continuous integration tools, such as writing plugins.
- Experience with silicon workflows and development processes a plus
- Knowledge of document databases (i.e. Splunk, Elasticsearch or Marklogic).
- Understanding of software test environments and release cycles.
- Experience with continuous integration (Jenkins, Team City) and Build Automation (Ant, Maven, Gradle, SBT) , especially building customized CI/CD pipelines.
- Working knowledge of Java or Scala.
- Excellent scripting skills with Bash/sh, Ruby, Perl, or Python.
- Prior experience working with Mac OS, Linux and/or UNIX environments.
- Open to travel, approximately 5%.
You will be working with technical writers supporting silicon engineers designing chips at the core of future Apple products loved by millions of customers. In this role, you will help improve our design process by: • Streamline and automate aspects of specification creation, review and verification with a view to improving the quality of the technical specifications used by the internal hardware and software teams. • Create and enhance processes/tools to integrate documentation with design, especially with respect to build automation and quality engineering. • Diagnose and optimize performance problems on a variety of tools. • Deliver toolchain training and support. • Document toolchain workflows and processes. • This person is expected to utilize their experience and good judgment to continuously drive design process improvement across multiple, simultaneous projects and systems.
Education & Experience
• BS/BA Degree in Engineering or Computer Science