Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
In RE&D, we donʼt sit back and let things happen, we make things happen, and we do this in service to all Apple employees and customers. Our team is a diverse and nimble group that manages Appleʼs workplaces and workplace services. We develop and manage Appleʼs global real estate portfolio, lead all related capital construction projects, provide outstanding facilities and site services, develop and lead sustainability initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of all Apple facilities, including commute and renewable energy programs, and do everything we can to ensure the health and safety of all Apple personnel, facilities, and customers in our facilities around the world. We are seeking an experienced, collaborative, and highly motivated facilities professional to join our team with an extraordinary customer service focus. You will have a strong emphasis on handling multiple site operations consistent with a diversified portfolio. Ability to interact with Apple business functions & customers at all levels including management reporting.
- 5+ years of building engineering, facility/construction/project management experience with a demonstrated focus in making buildings outstanding workplaces.
- Responsible for provision of comprehensive IFM Soft & Hard Services.
- Strong contract and financial experience, skilled in creating, developing, and managing capital and operating budgets related to operations portfolio.
- Overall responsibility for overseeing the implementation of policies, procedures, and programs that will assure well-managed, well-maintained buildings and facilities.
- Knowledge of and experience with the upkeep and function of buildings, building systems, and quality improvement projects
- Demonstrated ability to oversee tenant improvement projects, as well as scheduled maintenance programs.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills, including experience and ability to manage customer service issues involving employees in a professional and positive manner
- Work side-by-side with RE&D partners such as Project Management, Real Estate, Commute and Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to connect and lead dispersed internal/external teams.
The Facilities Manager will be responsible for a team of professionals whose portfolio includes offices, labs and collaboration spaces throughout the North and Latin America Partnering with Apple LOB, RE&D and nominated internal/external vendors/partners Hands-on provision of comprehensive IFM Soft & Hard Services, Ensure vendors compliance with agreed SLA's and important metrics CAPEX & operating expense planning and budget management Drive consistency in RE&D site services and resources. Adherence to the use of established protocols, tools & processes strong compliance Participate alone, or in team, for RE&D services presentations to internal customers Advising and driving improvement changes in RE&D services Demonstrated ability to oversee tenant improvement projects, as well as scheduled maintenance programs
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Spanish & Portuguese is a plus