Home Hardware Design Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Apple Home team is looking for self-driven, passionate Electrical Engineers to develop innovative high-tech products from architecture, design, validation, all the way to manufacturing support. Our products are state of the art in every way: user experience, feature definition, hardware and software integration, connectivity, sensing, power consumption, fabrication, reliability, manufacturing scale, and design. With tremendous amount of learning and growing opportunities, you will play a meaningful system integration role in the development of Apple products. You will collaborate with the California-based design teams in the process, including: - System EE and Module EE - PCB layout - Hardware testing - Product Design / Mechanical Engineering - Technology groups - Audio & Acoustics - Wireless, RF Design - Firmware - iOS software - EMC, Reliability, Operations, etc. The position is based in the Shanghai area with exciting office and engineering lab setups. We have Shenzhen office and lab for your option as well. There are some travels to factory to support engineering builds. Once the world gets back to normal, you will have opportunities for international travel as well to work side by side with world-class engineers in Apple California.
- Solid EE fundamentals
- Passion toward hardware design
- Clear English communication
- Proactive learning mentality
- Teamwork spirit and sense of responsibility
- Hands-on experience in prototype design, bring-up, debugging, functional verification and validations
- Experience with lab equipment including oscilloscopes, DMM’s, power supplies, e-loads, etc.
- GREAT TO HAVE EXPERIENCE/SKILLS
- Experience designing high volume consumer products from beginning to end
- Experience in embedded systems from 8-bit and 16-bit micro-controllers to multi-core ARM based SoC’s
- Hands-on skills in circuit level simulation analysis
- Skills to automate lab testing equipment
- Firmware and programming / scripting skills
- Experience in the following areas is especially desirable: DC-DC, analog design, audio system design, high speed design, Bluetooth & WiFi radio integration, video electronics design, camera integration, sensor integration, etc.
You will develop understanding for an Apple-designed product through architecture block diagrams, schematics, datasheets, as well as interactions with the global design teams You will be responsible for circuit or sub-system design, including architecture, derivation / simulation analysis, component selection, schematic capture, PCB placement, layout, bring-up, and validation You will interact with California design teams frequently; You will work closely with other teams in Greater China areas as well You will interact with our contract manufacturers’ EE teams, driving them to a high level of quality
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent