Inspection System Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Do you love tackling big challenges that require exceptionally creative solutions? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Key Responsibilities: - Apply expertise in cameras, optics, image acquisition and processing to the design of new automation equipment - Hands-on development and deployment of inspection stations and fixture equipment in a factory environment - Carry out end-to-end prototyping and proof-of-concept tasks for new station ideas, involving selection and characterization of components, software development and integration of subcomponents into a system - Adapt/customize hardware and software components for successful integration - Work directly with system integration vendors and suppliers to turn prototypes into scalable production systems - Potential travel overseas 5-10%
- Experience with machine vision cameras for inspection and automation
- Experience with optical elements such as lenses, filters, polarizers
- Experience with image acquisition and image processing algorithms
- Knowledge of mechanical & electrical engineering relevant to automated inspection
- Understanding of mobile imaging systems & module designs (image sensors, optics, mechanics, auto-focus, optical image stabilization, assembly process, etc)
- Knowledge of imaging system simulations and evaluation of simulated results
- Good understanding of image quality metrics and image quality evaluation
- Experience in defining camera system specifications for computer vision algorithms
- Ability to analyze key performance parameters of different sensor and lens architecture
- Software development skills in one or more of: C/C++, ObjC, Swift, Python, Go
- Knowledge of networking concepts and protocols, TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.
- Experience with macOS/iOS and Linux operating systems
- General problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Fluent in both written and verbal English.
As a key member of our team, you will be collaborating with system engineers, software developers and operations teams to deploy and support automation projects in industrial environments. Create, simplify and innovate complex inspection machines, mechanical fixtures and test stations. Improve and optimize more sophisticated solutions using iPhone, new parts, or devices in new ways. You will help design, implement, test and deploy prototypes through to solutions within manufacturing across a variety of Apple’s product lines.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Applied Physics, Computer Science, etc. or relevant industry experience Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in significant ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace