Education Program Manager, Racial Equity & Justice Initiative - Environment, Policy and Social Initiatives
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Apple is looking for an education program manager for our growing Environment, Policy and Social Initiatives team. This role would help to shape objectives, advance strategic partnerships and drive external engagement around Apple’s new Racial Equity and Justice Initiative, with a specific focus on Hispanic-Serving Institutions and organizations serving LatinX communities. You will have a strong background in education policy and partnership development and/or social justice, written and verbal communication, and a deep understanding of corporate responsibility initiatives. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- 7-10 years in education programming or policy for a large company or NGO, or in an agency setting
- Deep understanding of the role of technology in education, education disparities, racial equity and justice, and broader social responsibility strategy from a government, non-profit or corporate perspective
- Proven track record of building strong external relationships and partnerships with Hispanic-Serving Institutions and organizations serving the LatinX community
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and foster productive partnerships
- Long-term strategy insight, including an ability to assess partnership opportunities for potential value
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in speaking Spanish
Support a coordinated program development strategy to shape Apple’s education impact, with a strong emphasis on our racial equity and justice efforts specific to the Hispanic/LatinX community. Contribute to internal and external strategy around opportunities and engagement. Build and drive strategic direction with the global teams, serve as a liaison on corporate efforts. Identify and develop key areas of opportunity across Apple’s external ecosystem to advance access to technology and education within Hispanic/LatinX communities.
Education & Experience
BA/BS and/or MA/MS in public policy, Hispanic/LatinX/multicultural studies, Political Science, Education or related field preferred.