Wireless Systems Integration and Test Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking and unusually hardworking Wireless System Engineer. As a member of our wide-ranging group, you will have the rare and extraordinary opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every single day. In this technical role, you will be responsible for system integration, and characterization of state-of-the-art wireless SoC products, and own the development of the test infrastructure at the center of a silicon design group from conception to production.
- This is an individual technical contributor role that requires at least 5+ years of proven experience in system design, integration, bringing up and productization of wireless communication systems.
- Deep understanding of communication theory and signal processing related algorithms (such as timing recovery, signal estimation and detection, automatic gain control, RF impairment estimation and correction, channel estimation, equalization, etc.)
- Extensive experience, knowledge and skills on system bringup, integration, characterization and debug of real wireless silicon in a lab
- Experience using and understanding of the theory of operation of lab equipment (spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter, etc.).
- Experience developing test automation including equipment drivers, debug tools, automation scripts, database interfaces, and reporting tools.
- Knowledge in existing wireless communication protocols: LTE/WCDMA/GSM, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax/be, 802.11ad/ay or Bluetooth/BLE.
- Extensive Experience with at least two of Matlab, Python, Shell scripting and/or C/C++
- Experience with automation infrastructure development (traceability, repeatability) and related tools (GIT, CI, database, reporting tools)
Design and implement algorithms for calibration, pre-equalization, cancellation, and/or pre-distortion techniques to achieve optimal and robust performance across a large number of parts, systems, and wireless channels. Implement golden calibration algorithms for wireless transceivers in automation infrastructure. Validate and characterize algorithms on real silicon alongside PHY, MAC, RFIC and digital circuit designers. Bring-up and take to production state-of-the-art physical layer wireless communication system algorithms for very high data rate applications. Design and implement the bringup infrastructure including chip drivers, debug tools, and automation environment. Develop and implement test plans; collect and analyze test result; identify, root-cause, and debug issues. Champion automation through the bringup, tuning, characterization and other phases of post-silicon chip development.
Education & Experience
Requires MSEE or Ph.D. with 3+ years of experience