Senior Software Engineer - Apple Media Products
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software and Services
- At least 6 years experience in a professional programming position with Java and similar languages.
- Strong understanding of building micro-services using REST-style APIs.
- Experienced writing high performance, lower level infrastructure service code
- Experience with modern queuing and messaging systems like RabbitMQ, Kafka, Phaser, SNS, SQS, etc.
- Confidence with both SQL databases like Oracle and NoSQL databases like Cassandra.
- Experience deploying software on elastic platforms such as Kubernetes, EC2, etc.
- Enjoys fixing/improving things and finding solutions to difficult problems.
- Strong belief in automation and tooling as a critical part of the software lifecycle.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Platform Services team at AMP, you'll support the content processing pipelines and asset management for all of Apple's digital content including apps, music, movies, and books on the App Store and iTunes Store. We run the life cycle of Apple’s digital assets and are responsible for maintaining secure access to them across both new and legacy applications. Engineers on this team develop the custom software used to process all the creative work, the tools that providers use to deliver that media, all the server-side systems, and the APIs for many Apple services. This role involved building Workflow and Messaging platforms that enable the business to rapidly adapt to the changing needs of our customers. These platforms are available to be used by all AMP teams that deliver that media, all the server-side systems, and the APIs for many Apple services. Our team is geographically diverse. We’re looking for someone whose "people skills" complement their coding skills. Someone who likes improving things as much as building things, and someone who is passionate about discovering new ways to accelerate the rate at which we can improve our products! As a member of our team, you will collaborate with multiple engineering teams, business operations, production support, site reliability engineering, quality assurance, and other infrastructure teams. You will develop the next generation of asset management systems and work with our partner teams to migrate legacy systems onto your new platforms. We will be seamlessly migrating live data and content while maintaining the service quality Apple customers expect.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.