iPhone Touch Sensing Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The goal of the iPhone Touch Sensing Technology team is to enable the world’s best User Experiences through state-of-the-art sensing solutions. The team designs, develops, and delivers high-precision, low-latency MultiTouch solutions that are the gold standard in the smartphone/mobile industries. New challenges arise every day that require innovation across several disciplines, including EE, Math, Physics, and Algorithms. Come join us in delivering technology from proof-of-concept through ultra-high-volume! The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering excellence and creativity.
- Fundamental knowledge of circuit design, analog analysis, sensor physics, and statistics.
- Strong electrical engineering background in board-level analog and mixed-signal design.
- Hands-on experience in system-level design, architecture, characterization and validation.
- Proven collaboration and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in MATLAB, SPICE, or similar simulation and modeling tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with high-volume mass production is a plus.
You will play a key role in designing, developing, integrating, and launching next-generation sensing technologies. You will be responsible for the sensor design, characterization, and validation. You will be required to do schematic design of boards and flexible assemblies. You will work on ASIC application design, system-level bring up, and integration. You will need to perform failure mode analysis, root cause diagnosis, and system-level problem solving. You will need to engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Mechanical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, and Process Engineering. You will also be part of sensor technology scoping and proof-of-concept investigations. Business travel may be required to support product development.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or, M.S. in Electrical Engineering + 2 years of industry experience.