Manager – Advanced Technologies Group (ATG)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, our products, services, and customer experiences demand extraordinary innovation. Technology breakthrough in itself is not enough! We expect the impact of the materials and processes we bring to volume production to lead the world in terms of carbon and material efficiency. Can you imagine your talents supporting Apple’s leap ahead? Our Advanced Technology Group (ATG) in Hardware Engineering is searching for an experienced Engineering Manager with an and Industry recognized career to date. Are you passionate about building an extraordinary engineering team and encouraging the growth of your employees? Do you want to lead multi-functional initiatives with both Apple and world-class suppliers and institutes delivering first of a kind developments? Do you accept ownership and accountability? Do you want to work hand-in-hand with great people across Electrical Engineering, Product Design, Reliability Engineering in Apple’s key Product teams? If yes, we want you to join our diverse and impactful team!
- 5+ years demonstrated ability leading research and/or development engineering teams, as well as developing technology solutions
- Strong technical fundamentals in material engineering and process design, preferably in the field of Printed Circuit Board, passive component or electro-magnetic material production and driving those technologies in the area of next generation PCB.
- Proven management capability - delivering sophisticated projects on time, to specification and in line with requirements for environmental performance
- Extensive Industry network at senior / executive management level
- Leading, motivating and building strong technical teams – enabling engineers to do the best work of their lifetime
- Attention to detail and a strong passion for quality
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with multi-functional teams about various topics such as product requirements, technology specifications, project schedules
We are seeking an experienced, innovative, detail-oriented technical Manager to drive strategic technology initiatives, leading our Advanced Technologies Group (ATG). ATG delivers next-generation, technologies in the field of PCB, discrete passive components and magnetic materials. You will work with Engineering, Technology and Environmental teams to define, develop and qualify innovative solutions for all Apple’s highest performance Products. In this role you will manage a team of extraordinary technology professionals, driving sophisticated projects, delivering significant advances in performance across all areas, on schedule to agreed cost level. An encouraging, management style, communication, work planning, project definition / management / delivery, collaboration with Apple and supplier professionals, driving of objectives and roadmaps, influence to executive level (internally and externally) are encouraged. Additional to the role’s management responsibilities, you will specialize in printed circuit board (PCB) technologies including the materials and manufacturing processes for high performance rigid, flexible and rigid flex PCBs. As an individual contributor, you will collaborate with multi-functional experienced teams, delivering significant advances in their area of specialization. We are looking for candidates with a clear, goal-focussed approach - obsessing in their pursuit of perfection. Hands-on problem solving is often required and travel / site-based work will be vital (typically approximately 10 - 20% of working time).
Education & Experience