Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer, News
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join the Apple News team and help us craft a phenomenal user experience around the news that delights millions of customers every single day! As a Full Stack Software Engineer on our team, you will build Publisher facing tools – News Publisher to power Apple News.
- Excellent track record (5+ years) of building complex web applications
- Proven background in designing, implementing, and scaling Web services in Java and Spring
- Extensive experience with designing REST APIs
- Experience with NoSQL data stores such as Cassandra
- Willing to take responsibility and ownership of features/product
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and proud of the work you deliver
- Committed to encouraging an open and inclusive work environment
- Possesses strong communication skills, able to communicate complex technical ideas to engineers and non-engineers inside and across the teams
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is required or equivalent experience.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace