Optical Sensing Engineering Program Manager
San Diego, California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. In this critical, highly visible role, you will manage projects involving the design, integration and launch of state of the art optical sensor technologies for world-renowned Apple products including iPad, iPhone, and MacBook. You will play a key part in providing Apple customers with the best user-experience in the industry by driving the development and deployment of next-generation, optical sensing technologies. The Optical Sensing Technology team features a collaborative environment with creative, smart people and cutting edge technologies. Engineering excellence is expected and inspired. Come, join us in crafting solutions the world doesn’t know of yet!
- Technical background (e.g. hardware development) with knowledge of optical sensor technologies.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Great leadership skills and ability to inspire team members. Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Teamwork: you should be able to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities while, cultivating a team environment.
- Limited international travel may be required.
Lead multi-functional teams including Optical, Electrical, Mechanical, Process and Software Engineering to deliver state-of-the-art sensing solutions. Define the program plan/schedule and handle program execution. Deliver executive communication/presentations and drive the decision-making process. Ensure tight team coordination and communication. Manage development budgets and engineering builds. Effectively and consistently communicate overall program status. Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiency.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline (e.g. Physics, EE, CS, etc.) Master’s degree preferred.
- Travel Required