Senior Software Engineer, Authorization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
People at Apple don’t just build products they craft the kind of experience that have revolutionized entire industries. The diverse collection of our people and their ideas inspire innovation in everything we do. Imagine what you could do here! Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Apple Cloud Security team builds and provides secure systems and infrastructure that fuel Apple’s services (such as iCloud, iTunes, Siri, and Maps). As part of the Apple Cloud Security team, you will help manage the security needs of Apple’s services around the world. Build the identity and authorization infrastructure. Your effort will help build solutions to a variety of outstanding security challenges. Join us, and you’ll play a meaningful role in ensuring the highest standard of security for one of the most-watched companies in the world.
- 5+ years of work experience in designing and building distributed software systems
- Strong proficiency in Golang
- Knowledge of development and integration (e.g. CI/CD)
- Experience working on high volume services
- A critical eye for correct code
- Proficiency in testing your software with unit, integration,
- Experience with gRPC
- Experience with C*
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Experience with OPA and Rego (optional)
- Experience with Redis (optional)
* Work with the infrastructure and application teams to provide identity and authorization services to our internal customers * Work closely with your teammates to deliver software in a timely manner * Work with security professionals to evaluate your teams code and design accordingly to their recommendations * Be accountable for service level objectives and work with SRE efforts to hit our targets * Estimate, code, test, and deploy features * Participate in code reviews * Research secure designs and present those to your team, management and customers * Technical experience in security technologies, especially Identity, Authentication, Authorization are preferred, but not required.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science / Engineering with emphasis in security related fields (or equivalent experience) Certs like CISSP, OSCP, OSCE, OSEE, etc. are helpful but not vital. Bonus points for contributions in open source, PRs, SIGs, leadership
- This position is available in Cupertino and San Francisco CA, and Seattle WA.