GNSS Validation Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team? Do you like hard problems? Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) space vehicles transmit the power of a lightbulb, they are 13,000 miles away, and are moving four kilometers per second. The received signals are commonly one hundred times weaker than cosmic microwave background radiation left over from the Big Bang and arrive next to interfering signals ten billion times stronger, just few MHz away. Our GNSS team is part of Apple's cellular SoC team. We are a vertically coordinated engineering team spanning RF, mixed signal analog design, systems engineering, RTL design, design verification, firmware and software engineering, test, and validation. Our focus is on highly energy efficient and robust GNSS receiver design. We develop GNSS technology that touches hundreds of millions of lives, something we are passionate about. We’d like you to consider being a part of our team. As a GNSS Validation Engineer, you will be a key member of our highly innovative GNSS design team, developing GNSS technology and SoC for novel ultra-low-power location-based applications.
- Experience in wireless IC or system validation is a must.
- Knowledge of wireless SoC, microprocessor, memory, I/O, PHY, MAC.
- Experience with digital interfaces such as USB/SPMI/SPI/UART/I2C/JTAG.
- Familiarity with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc. and experience with version control, issue tracking, Git and JIRA.
- Proven knowledge of wireless system, RF, digital signal processing and statistics is preferable.
- Strong Python programming or embedded SW experience with C/C++ is preferred.
- Proven understanding of GNSS/GPS validation is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of hardware design or verification, board or IC level, is a plus.
• Develop automated test frameworks for GNSS measurement engine (ME) validation. • Develop and execute test plan and test cases. • Quantify functional, stress, and key performance indicators of GNSS ME engine. • Collect, organize and manage the test database. • Carry out lab and field GNSS testing and data collection. • Support first-level triage and debug of issues. • Generate test reports detailing ongoing performance and functionality.
Education & Experience
• BS/MS in CS, EE, Geomatics or equivalent engineering degree.