Head of Program Management - Apple Cloud Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You will be challenged. You will be inspired. Bring your passion and dedication to this job and there's no telling what you will accomplish. This role is focused on managing the portfolios across Apple Cloud Infrastructure which is responsible for our next generation compute, storage, networking, and database services. Apple Cloud Infrastructure provides organizations across all of Apple with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage cutting-edge technology to help organizations at Apple operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving them a foundation for the future. We are seeking an accomplished leader with demonstrated program and portfolio management experience to lead our team of infrastructure program managers and the complex portfolio we are accountable for. This is a fast-paced workplace where individual drive, innovation, and team collaboration are the keys to success. You have unshakable integrity and are as comfortable speaking to executives in open forums as you are with discussing a burn down chart with a team member. We are a dedicated team that defines and delivers the infrastructure, software, security, and system needs that make Apple, Apple. Are you ready to join?
- 5+ years of leading and managing engineering project management (EPM) teams
- Experience with translating strategies into program/project plans; including scope management, stakeholder management, deliverables (KPIs), schedule, risk management, and resource requirements
- Leading teams with multiple sophisticated projects simultaneously, applying effective frameworks to prioritize and manage the portfolio for the organization
- Developing successful EPMs that manage internet-scale services, hiring excellent people, and building high performing teams
- Strong program management fundamentals with a background in services infrastructure engineering
- Able to influence partners and leadership teams without direct authority
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Process re-engineering experience – ability to drive process maturity and optimization initiatives
You will lead and grow teams of highly effective engineering program managers. This role requires the building of partner trust and the consistent removal of ambiguity by seeking to reduce complexity. This role is pivotal in developing a broad organizational perspective and requires facilitation and execution on strategic decisions as well as maintaining an awareness of what is happening in the industry. The role will drive the development of process improvements and standard operating procedures to achieve our effectiveness goals. Infrastructure systems within this scope are sophisticated. You will be expected to be able to readily understand complicated and subtle interdependencies between systems and evaluate new requests and new information in light of how it affects or is affected by those systems.
Education & Experience
BS, Computer Science / Engineering or relevant industry experience
- Fluent in software development processes (SDLC) and development methodologies.
- Experience organizing and leading rapid coordinated response efforts.