Sr. Hardware System Integration Lead - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are seeking an outgoing, enthusiastic electrical engineer for the Hardware Systems Integration Team. This is a design role that entails owning electrical engineering decisions and implementations at the product level. There will be significant opportunities for architectural influence. The Hardware System Integration Team leads the functional and electrical development of a complex, mechatronic autonomous technology system. We drive the product from conception to production, owning the electrical aspects of the system through architecture, design, build, and verification. We maintain a model of the system’s components, functions, and interfaces. This enables us to measure and maintain correctness and completeness of a highly complex, interdependent system as we iterate through the development process. In addition to design work, our team serves as liaisons for all electrical aspects of the products we develop. Our ideal candidate is someone with significant electrical system integration experience who’s eager for more emphasis on cross-functional leadership opportunities than board-level design work. Still, the ability to lead deep dives into technical issues to identify solutions and keep other teams moving is crucial to success in this role. There will be significant emphasis on cross-functional outreach and leadership, achieved through working with engineering teams to arrive at solutions that work for both them and the product. Developing strong credibility and rapport with other technical and non-technical teams is a must. You should be comfortable using presentations as means of communication and persuasion and experienced in tailoring the narrative based on your audience and desired outcome.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics preferred
- 5+ years overall experience
- Superior written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Hierarchical design modeling and scripting tools [Matlab, Simulink, SysML, Python]
- Great EE fundamentals including PCB design and embedded system experience
- Product-level electrical integration experience, with fluency in PCB, embedded system, and circuit design
- Understanding of mechanical design and software development processes in order to approach problems from their perspective and anticipate their needs
- Experience designing high volume and/or high reliability products from beginning to end, while leveraging contract manufacturers
- Experience with power delivery, signal integrity, cabling, and interconnect
- Design of experiments: creation, execution, and data analysis
•Own top-level EE aspects of a highly integrated, interdependent system •Maintain the system schematic, block diagram, and interconnect plan •Evangelize our hardware bug tracking and development processes •Be the EE champion of the product in cross functional forums •Lead investigations and develop mitigation strategies when necessary •Manage suppliers and manufacturing partners •Prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification, and manufacturing support
Education & Experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.