Carrier Engineering Account Manager
Beijing, Beijing, China
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Carrier Engineering Account Manager is responsible for carrier technical management and certification of Apple’s cellular devices with telecommunication carriers in mainland China and other selected countries/territories. Every person on our team makes a clear difference to the product. This is a great opportunity to work with iOS engineering teams to help drive and deliver the most innovative Apple wireless devices and iOS software features to customers on our operators’ networks worldwide. This position entails frequent interaction with carriers, Apple’s engineering teams and regulatory teams.
- 8 years of telecommunication industry and 5 years of program/project management experience
- Direct experience of having perviously worked with one or more China carriers, delivered products and features that operate on their network
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while expertly driving multiple projects across many teams
- Experience with cellular technologies, specifically for GSM/EDGE, WCDMA, LTE, NR
- Proactive and able to be firm with carriers/vendors
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in both Mandarin and English
- Knowledge of software engineering processes with considerable software release experience a plus
- Knowledge of China device certification requirements and processes a plus
- This role may require occasional international/domestic travel
The Carrier Engineering Account Manager will work together with a team of highly skilled test engineers and developers based in China and abroad, is charged with taking Apple cellular products through technical approvals with wireless carriers. You are responsible for introductions and trials of new wireless technologies and network-impacting features in Apple products, and work with carriers on the verification of fixes in new iOS software builds, prototype hardware or network changes.