AR/VR Applications Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Our team is looking for AR/VR Applications Engineers to help us build the next generation of interactive applications for our platform. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), machine learning (ML) and computer vision (CV). As a member of our organization you will assist us in crafting future products that will delight, inspire and empower millions of people.
- 2+ years experience in software development.
- Track record of building 3D or AR/VR applications or games that are functional, beautiful and delightful.
- Experience using iOS frameworks like UIKit, AVFoundation, Core Motion, Core ML, CloudKit, SiriKit, StoreKit, etc.
- Proficiency in a systems programming language, such as C/C++, Objective-C, Swift, etc.
- Proficiency with Unity, Unreal, or similar 3D engines
- 3D math skills (linear algebra)
Apple creates amazing user experiences with the newest technologies. You will have the opportunity to develop AR applications with state-of-the-art technology to create the best experiences for our products. We work closely with Apple's Human Interface design team to define the next generation of computing. The candidate for this role will be comfortable working in a dynamic and creative environment. Engineers are expected to work quickly and smartly to help determine the viability of ideas and technologies. You will need a keen understanding of iOS applications, 3D applications and an ambition to explore a new world of uncharted possibilities.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
- Interest or proficiency in UI/UX design
- Familiarity with other AR SDKs such as ARCore, Vuforia or similar tools.
- Experience with at least one of the graphics APIs (Metal, OpenGL, Direct3D, Console, etc.)