Touch ASIC Architect (Analog)
San Diego, California, United States
To design, develop, and launch next-generation Touch Technologies in Apple products. The Touch Technology team develops cutting-edge Touch solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, MacBooks, and more. The key goal of the Touch Technology team is to enable the world’s best multi-touch user-experience. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem- solving skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. An analog ASIC architect is a key engineer responsible for analyzing the application and coming up with the best analog front end (AFE) architecture for touch and other sensing ASICs. These designs include multiple channels with complex filtering and DSP. Come, join us in crafting best-in-class solutions!
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high volume IC designs in consumer products; direct experience with touch technology and / or flat panel display technology is beneficial.
- Strong electrical engineering background in signal processing, mixed-signal design, practical transceiver architecture design, filter design, and embedded system design.
- Hands-on experience in system-level design, requirements documentation, and IC micro-architecture definition of complex digital and mixed-signal ASICs
- Proficiency in MATLAB, Verilog, or similar simulation, design and modeling tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- Experience with Touch technology is a plus.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant industry experience. Analog ASIC design & architecture experience required.
You will be architecting Touch sensing systems and the ASICs required to realize them. You will be expected to take high level user requirements and create a realizable system that meets these goals. This will include high level modeling of proposed solutions, along with creating detailed specifications of the requirements. This is a highly cross-functional role, and you will work with others to identify critical aspects of how the design will interact with the overall product. Responsibilities include: •Touch sensor system architecture. •Develop high performance, low power signal processing and sensing architectures. •Analog, Mixed-Signal, and Digital IC architecture design, detailed specification development. •Detailed system and ASIC modeling using high level tools. •Cross disciplinary design optimization, hardware/Firmware design partitioning, trade-off assessments, design checking and tolerance analysis. •Author detailed specifications, analyses, and characterization plans for touch system ASIC’s. •Defect root cause analysis and resolution. •Minimal business travel as needed to support product development.
Education & Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or industry experience equivalent.