Display Optical Engineer
Boulder, Colorado, United States
We are seeking a highly motivated Display Optical Engineer to join the Panel Process and Optics (PPO) Engineering team in Boulder, CO.
- 5+ years of experience and strong technical background in classical and diffractive optics
- Deep intuition for optical systems and the impact of aberrations
- Experience with root cause failure analysis connecting optical device performance to process outcomes
- Hands-on experience in optical measurement systems (characterization, test, and validation)
- Experience with characterization of aberrations in optical elements
- Experience with image processing algorithms
- Familiarity with ray tracing optical simulations (e.g. Zemax, LightTools, or similar) is a plus
The role of the Display optical engineer is to define requirements for display optical elements to meet front of screen performance requirements. You will: - Work with system architecture team to understand optical performance requirements and design trade-spaces - Set requirements for optical elements including shape specifications, aberrations, and dispersion - Work with process engineering team to understand process outcomes and evaluate them based on system performance specifications - Lead failure analysis and corrective action investigations for performance deficiencies - Work with optical metrology teams to define measurements and analysis methods
Education & Experience
Masters Degree in optical engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, physics, or a related subject area with 5+ years confirmed experience. PhD preferred.
- - Domestic and international travel, up to 10% of time
- - Competence with Python, MATLAB, JMP or similar
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. Display Optical Engineer starts at a minimum annual salary of $91,800. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.