ISE, Input Experience - SWE Manager, Keyboard System Foundation
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
With billions of messages typed everyday, the keyboard is among the most frequently used software applications on the planet. Our team makes that happen! The Keyboard team is responsible for the text input experience across iPhone, iPad, Mac, CarPlay, and Apple TV, and we are constantly exploring new innovations to make the text input experience better and also reach all our customers around the world who use many different languages. We’re looking for an exceptional software engineering manager to manage a team responsible for the Keyboard System Foundation and wants to make a positive impact on our users’ typing experience. The ideal candidate wants to tackle big problems and cares about getting the little details right.
- Experience with managing and growing a team of talented engineers
- A trustworthy leader that encourages their team and others to action
- Familiar with the challenges of working in large codebases, and shipping high quality software products
- Deep passion for the field of Keyboard & Text Input
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where the product definition can change over the course of the development cycle
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment, including clear communication while driving multiple projects across many teams
- Understanding of the challenges encountered in making a global product that needs to work for customers all around the world who use different languages and customs
The Keyboard team is looking for an outstanding leader who can lead, motivate, collaborate, and create. You will lead the team that builds the services and technologies that lay the foundation for the input experiences on all of Apple’s software platforms. You'll be expected to be able to dive into code, work with your engineers on developing new and innovative technologies, and leads by example. Daily duties will include working with cross-functional teams to drive Keyboard features to support new initiatives, ship high-quality software, be responsive to emerging issues, as well as developing a vision for the architecture of these foundations.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Computer Engineering or Computer Science; or equivalent work experience