Software Engineer - Data Governance Infrastructure - Apple Cloud Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you love solving sophisticated challenges and are passionate about data? At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your work, and there's no telling what we could accomplish. Join us and become an early member of the ACS Data Governance Infrastructure team. We are building an ecosystem of services to help Apple organize its data better, take better-informed actions on the data with increasing precision in security, privacy, and efficiency, improve its risk management capabilities, and increase confidence in the data quality. We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer with experience in developing large-scale services and infrastructure to join our friendly, collaborative team. If you are intrigued and want to learn more, apply for this position. We get to influence data-led decisions that touch billions of Apple's customers every day, and we would love to chat with you!
- You have a successful track record and proven experience in backend software development.
- You have a demonstrated aptitude for building, launching, and operating very large-scale production internet services.
- You have a deep knowledge of Java, Java libraries, non-blocking, and thread-safe programming.
- You have some exposure to structured or unstructured storage and caching.
- You have an understanding of file system handling on Linux.
- Experience with Web UI, including modern JS frameworks (e.g., React) a plus. Knowledge of continuous integration, testing methodologies, TDD, and agile development methodologies.
- Most importantly, you are thrilled to help solve the Big Data governance challenges.
We just started on a journey to build the foundational components for the data governance initiative. We are developing a unified data catalog with a technical layer to enable a central system to capture and store the metadata. We are also building a compatible inference layer to help our users make sense of the stored business and operational metadata across all the datasets. We also plan to develop a centralized and pluggable policy engine that is well integrated with Apple's ecosystem and allows our stakeholders to customize and apply data policy rules for all datasets. We are creating these centralized infrastructure pieces to foster a broader data strategy here at Apple. These infrastructure pieces will provide visibility to Apple's datasets' taxonomy and business context. The work is impactful and focuses on solving data distributed systems problems relating to scale and efficiency.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or Ph.D., in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.