Business Analyst, WW Real Estate and Development
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. Finance is essential to upholding our global dedication to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have a significant role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. Apple is seeking a multidimensional, highly motivated Business Analyst to join the Worldwide Real Estate and Development team. This is an exciting opportunity to work at Apple and partner with teams across the world — from Shanghai to London to Los Angeles. We are looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual with strong reporting, communication and analytical skills who is committed to delivering efficiency and operational excellence through their team, system automation and operational improvement initiatives.
- 5+ years experience in Finance or in related functions such as reporting analytics or Tableau development.
- Ability to implement scalable, standard processes and system automation
- Strong understanding of relational database structures
- Experience/knowledge in Semantic Layer and SQL
- Exceptional UAT experience
- Projects Management experience
- Experience in defining and measuring operational metrics
- Accounting and Finance background required to facilitate converting data into relevant information
- Ability to handle several tasks and adapt to a global, fast-paced environment
- Advanced skills in BI tools, i.e. Tableau, FileMaker, etc
- Excellent Excel skills, Macro/VBA preferred
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems (SAP) and Tririga an advantage
- OTHER SKILLS:
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to partner effectively at all levels of the organization
- Capable of prioritizing and multi-tasking in a fast paced environment and adapt priorities in line with business needs
You will have strong operational experience in developing reporting solutions and will have business process re-engineering experience. You will play a pivotal role in the implementation of new systems and processes, he/she will partner closely with key business partners in IS&T, Procurement, Real Estate business teams and Global Business Solutions to ensure we are delivering insightful reporting to our customers both internally and externally. This role reports to the Senior Finance Manager of the Real Estate and Development Finance (RE&D Finance) team. This is a key role in the team to ensure that strong reporting solutions are developed to provide business insights across the Real Estate portfolio and will require the successful candidate to build strong knowledge of Real Estate systems. - Establish processes and relevant infrastructure to capture and analyze key data regarding RE&D operations and performance - Perform financial analytics and establish metrics and KPI’s and SLA’s - Drive operational improvement initiatives and system enhancements - Act as a key liaison regarding reporting solutions between multiple Apple teams including IS&T, Real Estate, Procurement, Finance, and Global Business Solutions
Education & Experience
BA or BS in accounting, Finance or equivalent experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.