Module Process Engineer (Optics)
San Diego, California, United States
Apple is looking for a Sr. Module Process Engineer to join Panel Process and Optics (PPO) Engineering team. Module Process Engineers are responsible to develop new innovative manufacturing process technologies to solve complex design challenges that have direct impact to future product, quality and delivery of Apple Displays, Cameras, and Touch. Individual in this role will serve as a focal point in the process development of advanced key process modules from the concept/architecture stage through product engineering validation builds. We work at a fast pace and require everyone to be highly self motivated. A successful candidate needs to be a flexible thinker and be able to problem solve outside of their respective technical area.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to lead a project from lab scale development to high volume production without major last minute surprises
- Hands-on experience in the development of module processes & its integration in back-end processes of display & touch, camera module processes, optical assembly, or other related industries
- Understanding of opto-mechanical systems design and assembly
- Demonstrated ability to perform DOE, data analysis, SPC control
- Demonstrated failure mode analysis, root cause investigation, and problem solving for product yield and quality issue.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and demonstrated leadership ability
- Project Management- Excellent data handling, documentation, critical milestone creation, and organization skill
- Ability for International business travel to support project implementation and collaborate with external vendors for product manufacturing
Process technology feasibility studies through theoretical simulation and/or practical engineering methods Process Development - Leads design and development of technically complex manufacturing processes including material selection, parameter optimization, equipment, metrology and system design to enable new products designs & functional requirements. Develop Process for Manufacturability - Provide early and on-going manufacturing leadership to ensure new process is scalable for high volume Process FMEA - Lead PFMEA generation for new process technology Failure Analysis - Lead root cause analysis and metrology development for issues related to new process technology Cross-functional interaction with Product design, Display & optical engineering, Technical operations, and international vendors Keep abreast of relevant industrial process & material manufacturing technical trends
Education & Experience
Ph.D. or M.S. degree in Physics, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Optical engineering, or Chemical engineering with 5+ years of experience in related field preferred