SWE - Technical Translator - Swedish - L&RE
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Software and Services
Are you looking for a great opportunity to work on a dynamic team passionate about delivering world-class localized software on some of the world’s most creative consumer electronic products? Do you love the challenge of solving problems that can have a direct impact on the success of the company? Join the team responsible for the localization of Apple software and Siri! We are looking for experienced technical translators to localize software and content into Swedish. Our localization team is looking for highly motivated individuals with the right mix of technical, creative, organizational and communication skills to provide technical translations and adaptations for our software. Proficiency and translation experience in Swedish are essential. The environment is fast paced, requiring the ability to manage workload with aggressive delivery schedules. In addition to project work, other responsibilities include contributing to improving the tools to make software localization workflows more efficient; helping to investigate the root causes of international issues that are found in localized software; evangelizing best practices for localization friendly content; defining and driving improvements in our localized content. Strong communication and collaboration skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage priorities are essential. This position is highly suited to technical translators with localization experience. It provides an opportunity to work within an exciting, supportive team, interact with other localization teams at Apple, as well as engineering and QA teams, and gain insights into the development process at Apple.
- Degree in Applied Linguistics, Translation and/or equivalent experience.
- Accredited fluency in Swedish. Fluent in English.
- Experience with localization tools (such as SDL Trados) and translation memory software.
- Experience in doing large volumes of technical translations for end-user software products.
- Experience in translating for specific product types, e.g.
- High end video/audio software products.
- Excellent overall writing skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
- Large vocabulary, literacy, and cross-cultural knowledge.
- Current and direct exposure to the language culture over a sustained period of time.
- Knowledgeable in, and sensitive to, multilingual and multicultural issues.
- Hands-on translation of Apple products into Swedish - Utilizing internal tools to identify changes with localization impact. - Bug monitoring, critical issue, reporting and resolution. - Working with multi-functional groups to ensure the process runs efficiently and on schedule. - Ensuring terminology consistency across all Apple products and services for the Swedish market. - Assisting with quick-turnaround translations. - Identifying tools and process enhancements. - Performing linguistic QA and runtime testing. - Maintaining style guides. - Maintaining language glossaries.
Education & Experience
- Experience in managing language specific style guides. - Experience in managing language glossaries. - Experience with localization and internationalization. - Experience localizing Apple product content. - Excellent knowledge of structural aspects of the language (syntax, semantics, phonology, phonetics). - Experience in natural language translation and computational linguistics. - Experience with a programming language. - Localization project management experience. - QA experience.