Senior Software Engineer (POS) Point of Sale - Apple
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, outstanding ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You will work on highly visible projects impacting Apple's Retail business, touching millions of Apple customers. The Apple Retail Store solutions have always led the Retail industry. As part of the Point of Sale (POS) Engineering team, you will responsible for delivering innovative solutions that improve employee and customer experience in store.
- Strong computer science fundamentals and working knowledge of design patterns
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle, tools and best practices
- Develop technical solutions on full stack Java/J2EE, RestFul Web Services, Jersey, Kafka, HTML, React JS
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, MySQL or similar
- Understanding of Linux Operating System and familiarity with Unix or other scripting languages
- Experience with cloud infrastructure ( like AWS, Azure ) and platform services
- Deep experience designing and building scalable micro services, distributed systems, web services and/or data streaming platforms at massive scale with high availability, high throughput and low latency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to articulate technical ideas effectively
- Sharp troubleshooting skills and real world systems deployment experience
Candidate must have demonstrated expertise in the web technologies with proficiency in the Java/J2EE stack. Design and develop innovative solutions using microservice architecture; Analyze business requirements, identify gaps, translate them into technical design. Solid engineering capability with an eye towards performance, scalability and quality. Ability to lead small teams, communicate effectively with partners, engineers and stake holders; conduct design reviews, code reviews, write effective JUnits; Analyze and debug production issues and provide timely solutions.
Education & Experience
* BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering OR a related field. * At least 5 years of professional software development experience