Education Financing Sales Executive - West
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our Product ongoing development and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the ambassador of Apple to our largest customers. Imagine what you could do here. Are you ready to take this challenge? This position is responsible for managing Apple Financial Services’ leasing and financing activities within the territory supporting Apple’s K-12 Education Sales organization. You will be responsible for achieving and exceeding an assigned financing volume goal and supporting the sales team in driving the adoption of Apple products and services into the K-12 Education market. You will be expected to attend area and regional meetings, in-person meetings with channel and carrier partners, and customer sales calls. A highly demanding role with the feel of a startup environment that will help enable sales through best-in-class partners and financial structuring.
- Prior experience in a sales role within the equipment finance and leasing industry
- Consistent record of successfully selling to municipal, state and local government customers
- Competent with lease pricing models and financial calculations
- Experience in lease structuring and complex accounts at all levels
- Proven initiative, able to integrate into existing sales teams, initiate contact with customers and internal partners and lead difficult/tough prospects
- Strong, persuasive face-to-face and telephone presentation skills and executive presence
- Experience working in manufacturer captive finance company and working with and leading third-party funding partners strongly preferred
- Available to travel a minimum of 60% within assigned territory
Apple Financial Services (AFS) is seeking a high energy financial services sales professional to work in Apple’s K-12 Education Sales organization. The Education Financing Sales Executive will be responsible for selling leasing and financing offerings to Apple’s education customers. This individual will possess all the skill sets needed to manage diverse go-to-market sales strategies within the territory and deliver assigned lease volume goals on a quarterly basis. Travel is required to attend internal sales meetings, and outside customer visits. Daily proactive discussions with regional Account Executives is a must, consistently offering creative financing solutions to complex sales challenges. The successful Education Financing Sales Executive will be well-integrated into the Apple deal flow with Apple’s K12 Education Account Executives. The Education Financing Sales Executive will possess the ability to financially engineer complex transactions and interact with third-party funding partners. Through partnership with Apple’s sales team and channel and carrier partners, the Education Financing Sales Executive will: - Help enable sales of Apple product and services - Generate, propose and close financing and leasing solutions to existing K12 accounts and prospects - Act as the primary contact for customers and prospects, effectively communicating Apple’s financial products and financial structuring capabilities - Identify and understand key risk elements of transactions and work effectively with the structure and pricing team and external funding partners to develop a proposal that works for all parties - Assume primary responsibility for transaction management after award, working effectively with other teams to complete documentation, funding, and booking on a timely basis - Work with third-party financing partners to ensure an excellent customer service experience and maintain a constructive relationship with all third-party partners
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration from an accredited university is required. MBA is preferred.
- The successful Education Financing Sales Executive will be able to multi-task on a regular basis and always maintain a professional demeanor with the highest degree of character and integrity. The executive must be able to bring cross-functional teams together to coordinate activities. A successful executive will be able to train Apple’s sales teams on the benefits of financing. The Education Financing Sales Executive will be part of a small startup team within Apple with all the time commitments associated with a startup. Extremely high demands of time, energy, and focus will be needed to effectively satisfy the requirements of the position.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.