Software Engineering Manager - Strategic Data Solutions
Austin, Texas, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Apple's Strategic Data Solutions (SDS) team is looking for a hands-on and self-motivated Data Science Engineering Manager who can help deliver big data analytic applications. Our team's mission is to protect Apple and our customers from fraud, waste, and abuse. Your work will be critical to our success. Do you love the challenge of solving complex problems that can have a direct and meaningful impact on the company? Are you passionate about building tools and systems to enable ground breaking data analysis over Petabytes of data? Do you want to work side-by-side with talented Data Scientists, Software Engineers, Program Managers, and Apple business partners? If so, we want you to join our team! This position is based in Austin, TX.
- Demonstrable ability to adapt solutions to changing conditions.
- Ability to develop cross-functional partnerships to address complex problems.
- Expertise in a programming language such as Python, Java, or Clojure.
- Experience building applications using technologies like Hadoop, Spark, or Cassandra.
- Understanding of the complete software development lifecycle from requirements to production operations.
- Previous experiences in machine learning, legal compliance, or financial tech are relevant.
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager or technical lead.
Apple's SDS organization has an immediate opening for a software engineering manager to lead a team of 3~5 Data Science Engineers. This person will be responsible for helping to design and implement innovative software solutions using cutting-edge technology for Apple's Financial Crime Compliance program. They will be leading the team to build reliable & accurate data pipelines, and to implement monitoring, alerting, & observability. They will manage technical project work, develop timelines, and evaluate & communicate risks & progress. They will also recruit and hire talented software engineers as the team grows.
Education & Experience
• Education in Computer Science or comparable technical field.