GNSS Measurement Engine Firmware Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team? Do you like hard problems? Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) space vehicles transmit the power of a lightbulb, they are 13,000 miles away, and are moving four kilometers per second. The received signals are commonly one hundred times weaker than cosmic microwave background radiation left over from the Big Bang and arrive next to interfering signals ten billion times stronger, just few MHz away. Our GNSS team is part of Apple's cellular SoC team. We are a vertically coordinated engineering team spanning RF, mixed signal analog design, systems engineering, RTL design, design verification, firmware and software engineering, test, and validation. Our focus is on highly energy efficient and robust GNSS receiver design. We develop GNSS technology that touches hundreds of millions of lives, something we are passionate about. We’d like you to consider being a part of our team. As a GNSS Measurement Engine Firmware Engineer, you will be a key member of our highly innovative GNSS design team, defining firmware architecture, driving PHY algorithm designs, developing digital signal processing schemes for novel ultra-low-power GNSS applications.
- A minimum of 3 years of embedded software development experience using C, C++, as well as scripts languages such as MATLAB, Python.
- Familiar with microprocessor such as ARM, RTOS, driver development for PHY hardware and peripherals such as SPI, UART, Ethernet.
- Experience in performing low-level drivers and HW bring-up, using test tools and interacting with HW and SoC design teams, implementing diagnostics, manufacturing tests, and protocol compliance test software.
- Practical experience of digital signal processing algorithm implementation in an embedded system.
- Experience in developing GNSS measurement engine (ME): acquisition, tracking, impairment, AGNSS, coexistence, multipath and jamming mitigation or other wireless location technology is a huge plus.
- Experience in embedded software architecture and optimization is a plus.
- Work closely with system/algorithm team in developing GNSS baseband digital signal processing algorithms and measurement engine (ME). - Implement new product features as part of the development of baseband digital signal processing schemes, device drivers, and diagnostics. - Design and write unit test for the firmware. - Write design specification and system interface documentation. - Collaborate with the product software team to provide system-level API and firmware functionality to meet product requirements. - Partner with product test and protocol stack teams to resolve any issues arising as part of product and interoperability testing. - Provide support to SoC design team and assist internal SW/HW integration and initial chip and product bring-up efforts.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in CS, EE, Geomatics or equivalent engineering degree.