Apple Pay - Security Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple is a place where extraordinary people capture to do their best work. We don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. We believe it's the diversity of these people and their ideas that encourage the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Embedded within Apple's Wallet and Payments Server Engineering organisation. Apple Pay Server Security team's mission is to ensure security of our applications, systems and infrastructure powering Apple's payments services. The team is looking for a motivated engineer who is passionate about software and cloud security to partner with engineering teams working on new products, features and infrastructure. You will collaborate with developers, cloud engineers, site reliability engineers, and security teams to protect Apple Pay services and design a secure foundation for services at Apple. This role will focus on secure design and architecture, threat modelling and some security testing of backend services and cloud/on-prem infrastructure. You will be working with partner teams in security engineering, privacy, and Information Security to keep Apple's services secure for our users. If you love digging into different systems, sharing security improvements and finding security gaps in systems, we want to talk to you!
- Experience developing/crafting secure infrastructure and cloud services, as well as understanding of common infrastructure components including load balancing, network architecture, virtualisation, Kubernetes.
- Experience with threat modelling frameworks and techniques.
- Experience conducting security reviews or testing of software/infrastructure components.
- Conversant in at least one programming language such as Python, Java, Go, or Ruby.
- Ability to coordinate & communicate optimally, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical people across functional teams.
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal and external collaborative relationships.
As an engineer on this team, you will work with engineering teams throughout their development cycles conducting security review, threat modelling, security design verification and sharing security improvements. You will automate and advocate for system wide security improvements by partnering with engineering, cloud infrastructure and security teams across Apple. You should be strongly motivated by learning new technologies. Your ownership of vulnerability, risk, and compliance processes will have you working hand-in-hand with engineering, infrastructure, compliance, and privacy teams to ensure the security, compliance, and privacy of critical customer systems. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Education & Experience
• Preferred BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or similar technical field, or equivalent.
- Apple’s most meaningful resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.