WW BPR Product Operations —Program Manager, Manufacturing NPI Process and Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries! It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Worldwide Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) team is looking for an experienced supply chain professional to drive cross-functional and cross-organizational teams to enable capabilities within the supply chain that will enhance the customer experience. This individual would contribute to a wide range of activities including leading manufacturing and logistics partner integration projects in coordination with various regional teams. The ideal candidate will have deep process re-engineering experience and be self-directed, motivated, and comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced environment. Experience in managing suppliers and partners in Asia in an outsourced supply chain model and knowledge of enterprise software and specifically in integration technologies (e.g. EDI, API WebServices, etc) will be preferred. Flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. This individual should also have strong analytical, project management and leadership skills to handle a variety of activities and complexities spanning the organization and be willing to work at both a very detailed and strategic level.
- Deep understanding of supply chain processes in the electronics industry - design, manufacturing, logistics, after-sale service
- Experience in cross-functional portfolio and program management and delivery to the level that they can set standards, propose policy, and coach others
- Technical understanding of enterprise software and especially integration technologies such as EDI, API Web-services, FTP, web portals
- The ability to facilitate global projects and to align business and technical teams
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal, written and presentation
- Solid ability to personally deliver large scale initiatives under pressure, with high levels of complexity and ambiguity
- Ability to identify and write test scenarios, test cases and scripts as needed and drive the management and execution of detailed test plans to verify software functionality and adherence to business requirements.
- Lead assigned IS&T, Project Manager, Business Analysts, Operations, Product Support and Development members to deliver a solid platform for the business users
- Experience in Global operations managing various New Product Introduction(s) at multiple OEMs would be ideal
The WW BPR Product Ops group serves as a support entity for the business process and system integration of manufacturing and logistics partners across all of Apple’s Line of Businesses (LOBs). This role works with the business side to develop, maintain and implement new capabilities within the partner network to enhance the customer experience. Providing this support entails global project management and coordination of efforts across all regions. The role’s key responsibilities include: - Act as an advocate for functional teams to define and deliver solution capabilities (requirements, user-testing, etc.) to support the broader Supply Chain strategies - Act as a liaison between the functional teams and IS&T (Information Systems and Technology or Apple's IT organization) to ensure that the business requirements are complete and met by the proposed technology solutions - Manage change. Implement new ideas effectively within the Apple culture. Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer- focused approach - Manage complex projects involving regional resources across 3 continents to major landmarks. Develop project justification proposals, business cases and return on investment estimates; obtain executive approval and funding - Gather and synthesize detailed, global business requirements and design specifications - Aligning Worldwide and Regional teams to ensure enablement process and technical requirements fulfill the needs of the various Apple constituencies across the globe - Facilitate project-related testing, roll-out, training, and post-mortem work - Addresses critical issues, quickly assess and develop root cause analysis and problem solution for operations escalations
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree (Master preferred) in Industrial Engineering, or related field (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.)
- Passionate about manufacturing, supply chain, and logistics and driven to bring innovative solutions to challenging global supply chain collaboration models.
- Ability to operate independently with conviction and drive teams to the right levels of quality in delivery even under pressure.
- Handle ambiguity in problem definition, have a good handle on business value and have the initiative to craft problems and projects so that they deliver maximum impact.