Engineering Project Specialist, Technology Development Group (TDG)
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Do you have a passion for new technology development? Are you a highly motivated, organized person with an interest in program management? Apple’s Technology Development team is looking for a high-energy, collaborative and creative Engineering Program Specialist (EPS). We are searching for a talented individual to support Hardware Engineering teams on developing thrilling new products in an exciting technology space.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to work in a large cross-functional team environment
- Experience structuring BOMs for hardware products desired.
- Experience with PLM tools, Agile experience preferred but not required.
- Meticulous attention to detail; flexible with the ability to react to changes in a time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time.
- Able and willing to travel internationally.
- Prior experience working with oversea vendors including.
- Positive customer-first attitude
What will you do in this role? As an EPS you will work closely with various engineering teams, program managers, global commodity managers, new product security, compliance and finance. You will be responsible for: Creating purchase requests, maintaining budgets, confirming goods receipts and processing invoices Creating, structuring, and maintaining Bills of Materials (BOMs) during engineering development Creating, reviewing and approving engineering change orders (ECOs), providing feedback to engineers when necessary Managing the logistics of ordering and tracking parts for early prototyping and engineering builds Managing communication with vendors and CM partners closely to ensure parts arrive on time, trouble-shooting any issues that may arise to prevent delays and optimize logistic flows Managing material to include Clear to Build (CTB) analysis, Build Matrix management Travel internationally to support engineering builds If this sound like you, we would love to hear from you and explore how we can have you be part of our team. Apple is an equal opportunity employer.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree, or 3+ years of industry experience.
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. An EPS starts at a minimum annual salary of $69,400. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.