Sr. CAD Engineer - Analog/RF Simulations
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you love building elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, we will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices! As a senior member of our CAD team, you will architect, develop, maintain and enhance design and simulation flows and methodology for digital, analog, mixed-signal, and RF circuit designs. The role requires the candidate to work with different technology nodes and provide flows/methodologies for the different tool sets. Working in a small CAD team, you will be collaborating with the digital/analog/RF/mix-signal circuit designs, layout teams, technology teams, and 3rd party EDA tool vendors to drive and coordinate the effort of developing, validating, and bringing up transistor level circuit design environment and flows, enhancing custom checks and data generation.
- Proven experience in circuit design flows and/or related CAD/automation support areas involving various technology nodes and tape-outs.
- Proficiency with spice/fastspice simulators, including Spectre/APS/XPS, AFS(BDA), Hspice, PrimeSim. Deep knowledge on DC/Transient/Power, Cross corner PVT, Aging/Reliability analysis, MonteCarlo simulations. Strong ability to solve simulation convergence, accuracy, and performance issues.
- Experience in evaluating simulation related CAD tool/product application and driving EDA vendors to meet design requirements.
- Knowledge of PDK and spice models qualification.
- Efficient programming skills in languages like Perl, Python, TCL, Shell, etc.
- Ability to provide automations for rapid and dynamic design needs.
- A collaborative team player, with good written and verbal communication skills.
We are a small CAD team, so you will have an impact with the analog, mixed-signal, and RF circuit design teams by: - Developing and enabling circuit simulation and analysis methodologies and flows - Solving issues related to transistor level simulations on Digital, AMS (Analog-Mixed Signal) applications with Spice simulators on command-line and Virtuoso environment. - Helping designers in solving tool issues related to circuit simulation & analysis flows.
Education & Experience
MS / PhD preferred in a technical discipline.