AirPlay Partner Engagement Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
AirPlay Partner Engineering is part of the larger Connected Media Group within Apple’s Software Engineering Organization. This group is responsible for delivering technologies like Airplay and AirPrint that seamlessly connect our devices to the TVs we want to watch our movies on, the sound systems where we listen to our favorite songs, and the printers that put our photos, designs, and words in our hands.
- 5+ years experience in software development in C/C++
- Experience working with partner companies to deliver successful products
- Experience working with consumer electronic embedded OSs (eg AndroidTV)
- Understanding of media frameworks and formats
- Ability to create and manage to project timelines working with partners
The AirPlay Partner Engineering team is looking for a hardworking software engineer to join the team that works closely with 3rd party consumer electronic manufacturers integrating AirPlay into their products. This role will be responsible for crafting SDK materials, solving technical questions and issues, and helping coordinate bring-up between internal and external engineering groups. You will be familiar with network media playback issues as well as embedded software development. An ability to communicate sophisticated technical concepts is essential and you will be comfortable shifting from high-level conceptual issues down to low-level software development details. AirPlay adoption within Smart TVs, Speakers, and AVRs continues to grow and this role will at the center of efforts to accelerate integration as well as laying the groundwork for new technologies.
Education & Experience
B.A./B.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with iOS and macOS
- Experience with Objective-C/Swift is helpful.
- Experience with testing/validation software is a plus
- Passion and dedication to your job and commitment to support of the developer community